my little boy lochlan is 8 months old and i have trouble getting him to finish a bottle he is on heinz gold formula (200ml bottles) he pushes it away and i have to force feed him more as he only drinks about 100 ml`s. he has a bottle 3 times a day plus meals which he eats fine even straight after a bottle. he has no other fluids but i have tried baby juice or boiled water also. he also seems to have a very sensitive gag reflex and does not like chunkier foods he likes 4 months foods plus i have made my own veggies and potatoes mix which he also gags on and throws up everything plus some! he is small for his age at 8kg`s what can i do to help him or will he grow out of this?
- Keep offering formula before solids
- Try offering them about 1 hour apart (as it takes about 20 minutes for tummies to empty)
- Use formula in babies meals
- Keep on as you are, offering lots of variety, working up through the textures and letting baby lead you to some extent
- Don`t be too worried by dates and numbers. What we know about feeding babies is based largely on our beliefs about feed practices, more than research. Hence why information is just a guide, be flexible
- Keep an eye on baby`s growth and if you notice a drop or a stagnation then pop into see your CHN or GP and look at getting specialised help.