My favourite activities
Become a Huggies member now to create your own kids activities list and share with your family and friend via: Facebook, Twitter and Email
Papier Mache Volcano
Age: child, parent
Skill for Bub: Hand/eye coordination, Just for fun
Where at home do all of your pens live? In a jar, or a cup, or an old yogurt tub? Why not get your kids involved in making a fantastic volcano pen holder out of recycled scraps from around the house?
Jessica (21 months) liked the pens by our phone (in an upright holder) so we
made a volcano for her pens rather than putting them in a boring icecream
container. We made it from waste cardboard and paper, then painted it. She
loves it and points to and names the paint and glitter often.
- Debra Gauntlett, Auckland
- Tin can/container
- Old newspapers
- Cardboard boxes e.g. from a cereal packet
- Glue; bought or home made (flour and water mixed to a paste)
- Paint and brushes
- Glitter and more glue
- This takes some time so plan a few days.
- Slowly build up the layers of cardboard and paper around the can or plastic container.
- Allow each layer to dry before adding a new one.
- When your layers resemble a volcano, get out the paint and brushes.
- Allow to dry before adding glue and glitter.