Food and Drink Ideas
We’ve put together some great ideas for the kids to munch on at the party.
- Ensure that there are nut free alternatives available
- For younger children it is better to plate their food individually rather than letting them select from a central plate.
- Hot food should be allowed to cool slightly first and always test it before serving.
Traditional party foods
Frog in the pond
- Make up blue or green jelly as per the directions on the packet.
- Pour the jelly into clear plastic cups and refrigerate.
- Once jelly has set insert a chocolate frog into the centre of the jelly.
- Serve with small spoons.
- Butter bread (white or brown).
- Spread coloured sprinkles over the bread.
- Cut into triangles and serve.
- Note: Popcorn can be a choking hazard, only serve to children that are capable of properly chewing their food.
- Heat about 1/3 cup of vegetable oil in a large pan.