My favourite recipes
Become a Huggies member now to create your own recipes list and share with your family and friend via: Facebook, Twitter and Email
10 terrific things to do with chocolate
Keywords: parenting, kids party food, kids party ideas
After Easter there is often a lot of chocolate left over. Rather than let it go to waste, follow our instructions on how to melt it and then try our ten top tips.
1. Make sure your chocolate is chopped up into even pieces.
2. Melt the chocolate in low heat in the microwave, in a microwave proof bowl.
3. DO NOT add water as this makes the chocolate unusable.
4. Stir frequently using a spatula approximately every thirty seconds or so.
5. Continue until just melted.
Melted chocolate creation suggestions
1. Place a banana on a pop stick and roll it in melted chocolate, then freze. Makes a delicious, refreshing snack.
2. Add two tablespoons of thickened cream to the chocolate to make a ganache. Makes a delicious addition to any dessert.
3. Melt it down and dip some strawberries in it.
4. Place some blueberries in ice-cube trays and pour melted chocolate over them. Leave in the fridge to set.
5. Using a skewer, place some pieces of chopped up fruit on it. Then dip in the melted chocolate.
6. Use as a topping on a bowl of ice-cream
7. Use as decoration on top of cup cakes
8. Use it as a fondue to dip chopped up fruit into.
9. Add 2 tablespoons to a vanilla milkshake for a delicious creamy flavour.
10. Pour into your own chocolate moulds to create your own chocolate creations.