My favourite recipes
Become a Huggies member now to create your own recipes list and share with your family and friend via: Facebook, Twitter and Email
Chocolate brownies with raspberries
Keywords: baking with kids, chocolate
These brownies are perfect to enjoy with coffee, chocolate milk or take to work to woo your co-workers.
- 320g unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups cocoa
- 7 eggs
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cups plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- frozen/fresh raspberries (optional)
- icing sugar to dust
- Preheat oven to 160C.
- Line a large baking tin/roasting dish with baking paper (I used one about 24×36cm).
- Melt the butter in a large bowl (there are a lot of ingredients to fit in here) in the microwave.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cocoa into melted butter.
- Add eggs, sugar and vanilla and whiz with the electric mixer for 3-4 minutes until the mixture begins to whip up in volume.
- Using a wooden spoon, mix in the chocolate chips.
- Sift flour and baking powder in and stir until fully combined.
- Pour into lined baking dish. Give it a shake to even out the mixture.
- If using raspberries, dot these evenly on top of the mixture, gently pushing them in just under the surface.
- Bake in oven at 160C for about 1 hour, or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Leave to cool in tin for about 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to allow it to cool further.
- Sift icing sugar over the top.