My favourite recipes
Become a Huggies member now to create your own recipes list and share with your family and friend via: Facebook, Twitter and Email
Vegan Birthday Cake
Keywords: parenting, kids party food, kids party ideas
With more and more children being diagnosed with food allergies, cooking a birthday cake to suit everyone is no easy task. Try this vegan birthday cake, in chocolate or vanilla, it’s perfect for childrlen with dairy, egg or nut allergies.
Vegan cake ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups Self Raising Flour
- 1 cup Caster Sugar
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder (omit cocoa if wanting vanilla cake)
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon White Vinegar
- 1 cup Water
Vienna or butter cream icing
- 125g Nuttalex or dairy free marg
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy or rice milk or water
1. Preheat oven to 150 degrees C. Grease a round or log pan.
2. Sift all dry ingredients together. Add wet ingredients and mix on high for a couple of minutes till smooth.
3. Bake at 150 degrees C for about 40-45 minutes. (times can vary for different ovens) Use skewer to test.
4. Recipe can be doubled to make 1 slab tin for birthday cakes.
5. For a Vanilla cake, omit cocoa and add a little extra vanilla if you like.
6. Can be made into mini muffins – bake for 10mins at 150 degrees C.
1. Beat butter till as white as possible.
2. Beat in half of icing sugar gradually.
3. Add milk then remaining icing sugar.
4. Add colour and flavour if required.