My favourite recipes
Become a Huggies member now to create your own recipes list and share with your family and friend via: Facebook, Twitter and Email
Fruity Rice Pudding
A fantastic dessert for the whole family. From Dad right through to baby. Perfect for a winter’s evening and simple to prepare.
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup dried fruit such as sultanas, raisins, dates, apricots (chop the larger fruits into toddler sized bits)
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1-2 tbls brown sugar
- 1 tbls butter or margarine
- 1 ripe banana, roughly chopped
- Place all ingredients into a medium saucepan.
- Simmer on low for about 1/2 hour or until the milk has absorbed.
Makes about 4-5 toddler serves.
Refrigerate leftovers for 2-3 days. When reheating, just add a dash of milk to get the right consistency and place in the microwave for about 30 seconds. (Make sure you stir well to aviod heat spots).
This can be made with soy milk to suit those with allergies. A twist on the above recipe which I have just tested… try using 1 apple peeled and chopped finely in place of the banana. With banana’s now in short supply, apples are a cheaper and yummy alternative! They go really nicely with the sultanas and nutmeg and my toddler loved it.