My favourite recipes
Become a Huggies member now to create your own recipes list and share with your family and friend via: Facebook, Twitter and Email
Magic Mincey Sticks
Keywords: nutrition, parenting, iron, toddler, protein
Your child will have a great time munching away on these cute and fun mince kebabs. Serve with a side salad of lettuce, tomato and cucumber for a light and healthy dinner option.
- 500g beef mince
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp parsley
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- Wooden skewers
- Lettuce, tomato, cucumber for salad
- Combine mince, onion, parsley, cumin, Worcestershire sauce and tomato paste, place in a food processor and blend for 10 seconds 3 times, or until smooth.
- Mould a handful of mince into a sausage shape about 8 cm long. Press firmly so it remains in shape.
- Brush kebabs with oil and cook under a hot grill, or on a BBQ, turning occasionally. Once cooked carefully insert the wooden skewer. Serve on salad
Tip for Mum: For extra nutrition, add diced capsicum, carrots and corn kernels to the mince mixture.