My favourite recipes
Become a Huggies member now to create your own recipes list and share with your family and friend via: Facebook, Twitter and Email
Mama's Baked Chops
What a hit with the kids and simple to prepare as well. Prepare well in advanced by chopping all the veggies with the kids help, that way you can relax before dinnertime hits!
- 6 forequarter chops
- 1 large sliced onion
- 2 large sliced tomatoes
- 2 carrots roughly chopped
- 4 potatoes chopped in halves or quarters
- 140g tub tomato paste
- Dried mixed herbs
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Get a large baking tray, place chops in tray, cover with onion, then tomato, then carrots with potatoes on top.
- Mix tomato paste with two cups of water and pour over.
- Place in oven and check occasionally.
- When potatoes are golden brown on top cover baking tray with foil and turn oven down to 160 degrees.
- Bake for at least 2 hours – the chops will be so tender they will fall apart.
- 10 minutes before serving take foil off and sprinkle herbs along the top.
- Ideal with fresh steamed green beans and asparagus.
- To make gravy to go with this meal put the chops etc in a casserole dish. Then put the baking tray over the stove on a low heat with the juices in it and add flour and water that has been mixed together in a cup. Makes a yummy gravy!